Last year around this time, bloggers and cartoon buffs came out of the woodwork to express their appreciation of animated films that they have enjoyed. It was a very popular blogathon, and one of its entrants suggested that I revive it in the future. So, here it is, and here are the rules (same as for last year).
- Here’s your opportunity to sound off about one of your favorite animated films! Does a particular cartoon make you laugh, cry, think, or just plain fill you with joy? Post a blog entry about it here, and share your enthusiasm with the world!
- Notice that I said it can be one of your favorite cartoons. This is not a contest in which you have to summon up superior evidence that your cartoon of choice is the greatest one ever made. Just write about the reasons why you like it.
- The cartoon you choose can be of any length (short subject, feature film, television special) from movies or TV. It can be in “traditional” hand-drawn format or CGI. If you choose to write about a TV cartoon series, you can write about either the reasons why you like the entire TV series so much, or you can focus on a particular episode of the series. As long as you write an entertaining and reasoned blog in support of your choice, it will be accepted here. Also, duplicate entries are acceptable at this blogathon.
- Please leave me a message in the “Comments” section below that includes the name and URL of your blog, and the name of the cartoon you choose to write about.
- Below are banners to advertise the blogathon. Once you have completed Step # 4, please grab a banner, display it on your blog, and link it back to this blog.
- The blogathon will take place from Fri., Nov. 11, through Sun., Nov. 13, 2016. Once you have posted your blogathon entry on one of those dates, please post its URL in the “Comments” section so that I can link our blog back to it. There are no assigned dates, so post your entry at any time during the three days of the ‘thon (although as I always say, the sooner the better!).
Have fun with your blog entry, and clearly show us why you adore the cartoon of your choice! Here are the entries so far:
Movie Movie Blog Blog – Mickey’s Garden (1935) and A Single Life (2014)
Once Upon a Screen – Swooner Crooner (1944)
BNoirDetour – Key Lime Pie (2007)
Film Music Central – My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Bambi (1942)
Reelweegiemidget Reviews – The Lego Movie (2014)
Cinema Shame – Perfect Blue (1997)
Caftan Woman – A Christmas Carol (Richard Williams, 1971)
Pop Culture Pundit – Frozen (2013)
Epileptic Moondancer – Akira (1988)
Wide Screen World – Hanna-Barbera’s World of Super Adventure (1980-84)
The Midnite Drive-In – Heavy Metal (1981)
Moon in Gemini – Waltz with Bashir (2008)
Silver Scenes – To Spring (1936)
Dell on Movies – The Brown Hornet (1979-84)