Christmas is coming soon — and as we are endlessly reminded every year, Christmas is a time for giving. So it’s only appropriate that Movie Movie Blog Blog announces the
What movie would you give to a very cherished person in your life?
Oh, sure, you’ve done it before. But we don’t mean look up Amazon.com, go to Genres, pick a movie from your friend’s favorite genre, have Amazon add a gift card and gift wrapping, type in your credit card number, and boom, you’ve done your Christmas shopping for another year!
Give this one some thought. If you could give only one movie to someone this Christmas:
- Who would be most deserving?
- What movie would be worthy of that person?
- Why do you think that person would appreciate and/or enjoy that particular movie?
Here are the rules for this blogathon:
- No duplicate entries allowed. Please check the listing of entries below so that you do not start writing about a movie that has already been taken.
- Only one (1) movie per blogger. As stated, we want you to give this one entry some very special thought. We also fear that, if we allowed more than one entry per blogger, this blogathon would be running past New Year’s Day.
- Please give a minimal description of the person to whom you are “giving” this movie.
(a) It does not have to be a real person. EXAMPLE: Perhaps you enjoy a particular Disney cartoon, and you’d like to give it to an anonymous child who loves watching cartoons.
(b) If it is a real person, don’t feel you have to identify him or her by name or by your relationship with the person. Just give us enough info that we can understand why you’d want to gift that person with your movie choice.
4. Provide the standard movie description that you would for any blogathon, but also be sure to relate the movie to your recipient and why/how the movie fits that person so perfectly.
Posting rules are as follows:
- Please leave me a message in the “Comments” section below that includes the name and URL of your blog, and the name of the movie you choose to write about.
- Below are banners to advertise the blogathon. Once you have completed Step # 1, please grab a banner, display it on your blog, and link it back to this blog.
- The blogathon will take place from Fri., Dec. 18, through Sun., Dec. 20, 2015. Once you have posted your blogathon entry on one of these dates, please post its URL in the “Comments” section so that I can link our blog back to it.
Let’s make this the best blogging Christmas ever!
Here’s the line-up so far:
Movie Movie Blog Blog – Cinema Paradiso (1988)
Thoughts All Sorts – The Last of the Mohicans (1992)
B Noir Detour – Bound (1996)
A Shroud of Thoughts – Yellow Submarine (1968)
Serendipitous Anachronisms – Amelie (2001)
Moon in Gemini – Ratatouille (2007)
Old Hollywood Films – It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
Spontaneous Whimsy – An Affair to Remember (1957)
Silent-ology – Harry Langdon’s Three’s a Crowd (1927)