Spring 2017 is almost upon us, as is the month of April. Put them together and you have…
THE APRIL SHOWERS BLOGATHON!
Have you ever thought about the many ways in which rain has been used as a plot point in movies? Well, now is your chance to blog about your favorite such movie! (Click here if you need some ideas.) Here are the April Showers Blogathon rules.
1. Write a blog entry about one of your favorite use of rain in a motion picture. It can be a single rain scene that sets off a plot development, or it can be a movie in which most or all of the plot revolves around rain.
2. No duplicate entries, please. Carefully check the listing of current entrants (below) to ensure that your first choice has not already been taken.
3. Your blog can be either a general review of the movie you choose, or your blog can center around the pivotal rain scene that you are discussing. Just be sure that you write about why rain is so important to the movie’s plot.
4. In the “Comments” section at the bottom of this blog, please leave your name, the URL of your blog, and the movie you are choosing to blog about. At the end of this blog entry are banners for the ‘thon. Grab a banner, display it on your blog, and link it back to this blog.
5. The blogathon will take place from Friday, March 31, through Sunday, April 2, 2017. When the opening date of the blogathon arrives, leave a comment here with a link to your post, and I will display it in the list of entries (which I will continually update up to the beginning of the ‘thon, so keep checking back!).
6. I will not be assigning particular dates to any blog posts. As long as you get your entry in by the end of the day on April 2, I will be satisfied. (That said, the earlier the better!)
Again, be sure to leave me a comment and grab a banner, and have fun with your blog entry!
Here’s the line-up so far, in chronological order:
Movies Silently – The Seine Flood (1910)
Movie Movie Blog Blog – Buster Keaton’s One Week (1920)
Sister Celluloid – Brief Encounter (1946)
Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Thunder on the Hill (1951)
Whimsically Classic – Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
Caftan Woman – Shane (1953)
Moon in Gemini – The Rainmaker (1956)
Cinematic Scribblings – Two English Girls (1971)
Movie Movie Blog Blog – The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
The Midnite Drive-In – Blade Runner (1982)
Charlene’s (Mostly) Classic Movie Reviews – Forrest Gump (1994)
ThoughtsAllSorts – Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
lifesdailylessonsblog – Pride and Prejudice (2005)
Reelweegiemidget Reviews – Shutter Island (2010)